So far I have gotten RSC-03, RSC-04, RSC-05, and RSC-07 entered into the catalog search page. If anyone is in the mood to help, I would send you a PDF of a catalog, and would ask for an ASCII file in the format of ‘catalog number, price, page number’ for each item.
By putting this additional information into the catalog search page, you can see when products were added, when products were removed, and the prices in between.
if you are willing to help, please let me know.
Site Updates since the last …
- Figured out how to make the product entries far less ugly under the various Model pages, so will be updating those as time allows.
- Added Mark Blair’s Model 4 ROM EPROM Adapter Board to the Hardware Modifications and Fixes page.
- At the request of Pascal Holdry, added the ability to translate pages to other languages (top of the right navbar). Pascal’s thought is that it is about 80% accurate, but the other 20% is easy enough to figure out.
- Updated the Catalog Search Page to support Catalog ID (such as “RSC-03”) and Price (in that catalog; so it will change catalog to catalog). Now I need to go through the process of reviewing each catalog to enter that info. Right now only RSC-03 and RSC-04 have been entered. Possible uses include seeing when a product was first listed, when it was no longer listed, and what the prices were at each iteration.
Anyone who wants to help enter the data from catalogs, please let me know.
TRS-80 Trash Talk will be having their next live episode on December 28th, from 9PM-11PM Eastern Standard Time.
At that time you can join on Zoom.US. Note: This requires the download of an executable file. Proceed at your own risk.
The podcast TRS-80 Trash Talk # 34 is out now.
“In this episode we cover some news, like the release of TRS-Box with TCP/IP support, the newest TRS8BIT newsletter and serial mouse support for the Model 4. Then we discuss a bunch of new acquisitions, including a MTI Mod III Plus hot rodded Model III and a Rochester Data Dynatyper. Finally, in the main segment, Pete interviews Dennis Báthory-Kitsz, the author of the fantastic “The Custom TRS-80″ book and all-around renaissance man.”
You can download or listen at http://www.trs80trashtalk.com/.
Site Updates since the last …
- Added a Fun Stuff web page, with cute things that are probably only found on the news page when they first came out.
- Changed the Software Archive Search to remove language and catalog columns if they are all English or blank, respectively – reallocating the space to other columns.
- Converted the Catalog Search page to CSS3, notedly after realizing that it contained the line
- Converted the Magazine Search page to CSS3. That’s it. Everything has been converted.
- Fixed so … many … bugs in the Magazine Search page. YIKES.
- Added CODEWORKS Magazine to the Magazine Search Page database.
- Fixed all broken links that BrokenLinkCheck.com reported. It doesn’t check files or images, so there may be some magazine covers which are broken.
- DeadLinkChecker.com has let me know that images that come up as a result of clicking on a catalog number need to be updated. That will take me some time.
- Although 2017 is not old, the way WordPress stores news items leads to excessive page counts, and those page counts make generating a sitemap impossible. So I have moved the 2017 news to its own page. It wasn’t enough to get the site fully covered, but at least it pulled 41 pages off.
- Added entries in the Hardware Mods page for the following articles I found on TRS-80.nl (note: you will need google translate)
I had a 4 hour lunch with Don French in Las Vegas. Hearing the story of the trials and tribulations he had to endure to get the TRS-80 made was amazing.
He says the accounts of his efforts in Priming the Pump: How TRS-80 Enthusiasts Helped Spark the PC Revolution are correct, should anyone be seeking to read about it. The accounts in Tandy’s Money Machine, less so.
Dusty has released the December 2019 issue of the TRS8Bit newsletter on the download page of his web site.