Diskette Request Form
NOTE 1: This form is NOT for general contact. Please do not use this to contact me. Because this page is like spam bait, I won’t put a link to contact me here, but you can find links all over the site to “Send me Email” or “Contact me”. Please use THOSE to ask questions, and leave this to request disks.
NOTE 2: A Model 4 is a Model III also, and can act as a Model III if Model III DOS disks are used. If you have a Model 4 and also want to access Model III mode, you will need to request Model III disks as well.
NOTE 3: Because too many people who requested disks did not donate, even to cover costs of postage, I no longer will advance the money to ship outside the United States. However, for those lucky people in Australia or New Zealand, please contact Ian Mavric who will be fulfilling disk requests in those countries. The email to use is email@example.com. Do NOT use this form.
Contact Info (NO PO BOXES; U.S.A ONLY; Business Address Preferred):
What DOS’s do you need?
* A Model 4P has no Model III ROMs in it. To use Model III mode, you need to load the ROMs from any Model 4 DOS. This version of NEWDOS/80 v2.0 is the Model III version which has been hacked to also have the Model 4 ROM on it. It will save you a step, but you are then running on a hacked DOS.
Check if Applicable:I understand that there are costs involved in the creation, packing and shipping of the disks I am asking for, and I intend to donate once I receive the disks.
Test Your Drives FIRST:
To test your drives, do the following:
- Turn on your Model I, III, or 4
- Enter non-disk BASIC (hold down the break key as you reset)
- Answer all promoted questions until you are at the READY prompt
- Type either POKE 14304,1 for a Model I, or OUT 244,1 for a Model III or 4.
- Look at Drive :0
- If Drive :0 is on/spinning, it is at least hooked up properly and you should check the box below.
Check only if your drive :0 lights up.
Enter any message: