June 5, 2023 – TRS80GP v2.5.0 Released
TRS80GP has been updated to v2.5.0 which now includes CoCo 1 Emulation! Release Notes:
- Added Color Computer I emulation.
- Added -nrs to suppress loading of built-in symbols.
- Debugger window title shows running/stopped and reason for stoppage.
- Device viewer can execute until value changes and show elapsed time/cycles.
- Joystick support for MacOS.
- Soft capslock (-ks) for Model 2 + 12; on by default if running TRS-DOS.
- Border colour preference was not being saved.
- Electric Crayon CPU speed corrected; was running much too quickly.
- File → Unload Symbols functional again; it was almost always greyed out.
- Fix linux crash when starting with mute on in preferences.
- MC-10 audio is no longer corrupted after a reset.
- MC-10 Cassette menu now showing tape position at end after a load.
- Model 3 ROM RS-232 init routine will now initialize it on the first call.
- Stop Model 3 EDTASM from DDOOUUBBLLIINNGG characters in printouts.
Visit the TRS80GP Web Page at http://48k.ca/trs80gp.html for the download and information. It can also be downloaded from the Emulator Page or right here!!!.
June 5, 2023 – June 2023 Issue of TRS8Bit
Dusty has released the June 2021 issue of the TRS8Bit newsletter. Here’s what he had to say:
There’s some really exciting news from within the 80 pages, not the least of which is the major upgrade to trs80gp. On top of that, thanks to George Phillips, there’s details of the enhancement to Level 2 BASIC for both cassette and Aculab users. (Disk users eat your heart out!). We’ve a super selection of one-liners from Patrick @ TTR and E.T. Fonehume. A report of the recent Basque TRS-80 competition from Egoitz Campo. Vince Otten show some software tools for BASIC. Geoffrey Hinton gives a warning on A.I. Pascal Holdry is working vary hard in France, re-creating VID-80 boards. N.J.A. Sloane (OEIS) foundation, looks at integer sequences. Mav makes a most welcome return with 3 articles, a M1 FreHD with a joystick, 1st timers at TA and running a Co-Co3 on 240 volts. And finally, there’s our regular features of ‘The Way We Were’, News from Ebay, At the READY prompt and ‘Handy Hints’, together with the 2023 competition details.
It can be downloaded from Dusty’s web site at http://trs-80.org.uk/downloads.html.
June 2, 2023 – New Service Manual – CCR-81
Doug M was kind enough to provide a scan of the CCR-81 Cassette Recorder Service Manual.
You can download it by clicking on the manual cover above, or on the Service Manuals page.
May 27, 2023 – Site Update
To really understand the TRSDOS v1.3 disassemblies, I realized that an explanation of the Directory Track (GAT Sector, HIT Sector, Directory Entries, and Overlay Locations) and the FCB is probably needed; so a new page devoted to those things has been added.
May 24, 2023 – Site Updates
I haven’t listed any site updates, but that doesn’t mean that I haven’t been working on the site.
- I have cleaned up every page to give the site a more uniform look. This came from my realization that the site’s CSS code was out of control, so I simplified the layouts and reformatted the pages.
- A main page for TRSDOS related items has been created, since there are tips and tricks, zaps, patches, manuals, and whatnot all over the place.
- Continued working on the TRSDOS v1.3 disassembly. The main page can be found here. The thing that has struck me the most out of the first 4 overlays is that TRSDOS v1.3 has double sided disk support baked in, but it just wasn’t finalized or implemented.
- An Audio Manuals page has been added, with various Scripsit and SuperScripsit audio lessons.
May 10, 2023 – Script Word Processing by David Goben
@lowen has found Script Word Processing by David Goben.
While we do not yet have the software, you can downlod the manual by clicking here.
May 3, 2023 – TRS-80 Trash Talk Live # 32 set for May 6, 2023
The next TRS-80 Trash Talk live show is Saturday, May 6, 2023 09:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
You can watch on the TRS-80 Trash Talk channel: https://www.youtube.com/@TRS80TrashTalk
If you want to participate in the live zoom session, reach out to trs80trashtalk at gmail dot com for information.
April 18, 2023 – TRSDOS v1.3 Disassembly
I have started the TRSDOS v1.3 disassembly project, with BOOT/SYS.
April 12, 2023 – SDLTRS II Updated to v1.2.27
Jens Guenther has updated his fork of the SDLTRS Emulator to version 1.2.27. Changelog includes:
- Added command line option for Disk- and I/O ports debug flags.
- Added command line option for SDL2 window aspect ratio.
- Fixed several crashes of the emulator (reported by Fritz Chwolka).
- Fixed SDH register for WD1000/1010.
- Fixed some bugs and internal improvements.
You can download the most recent SDLTRS II from the Gitlab page: https://gitlab.com/jengun/sdltrs.