The NEWPRINT/Multi is now available for purchase from Plaid Vest Software. It is a Virtual Wi-Fi printer with web-browser output for all TRS-80 models. Features Include:
- NEWPRINT/Multi is a Wi-Fi-enabled “virtual” printer adapter that connects to your computer’s printer port and your local Wi-Fi network to send printer output to any device that supports a modern browser (iPad, Desktop PC, Mac, etc.).
- The NEWPRINT web interface can show printer output as plain text, hexadecimal values, Print Shop graphics (Apple II), or Apple IIgs GS/OS graphics printing.
- Text mode output does not (currently) understand special printer control codes used by most word processors (BOLD, multiple font sizes, Form Feed, etc.).
- The NEWPRINT web interface is available from any browser on your local Wi-Fi network at newprint.local
- NEWPRINT uses the standard HTML WebSocket API so you can even write your own web-based or desktop interface for displaying and processing NEWPRINT output.
- Note: A power adapter (+5v DC) and printed User’s Manual are not included to keep prices low. See the PDF User’s Manual below for more information.
Visit https://www.plaidvest.com/newprint.html for more details and for ordering.