Quentin Barnes has releases v4.6 of the Catweasel Tools originally written by Tim Mann.
- Skipping over 4.5.x versions since George Phillips had used that point release line for his work.
- Git repo “cw2dmk” of Tim Mann’s work was created by ezrec (Jason S. McMullan). Transferred to qbarnes.
- Switched Linux release binaries to be for 64-bit OSes.
- Added change from George Phillips for his “join” (-j) feature that will join different rereads of the same track and merge good sectors.
- Fixed problem of missing data between index hole detect and read started. This should noticably reduce disk read errors and even occasionally dropping of entire sectors.
- Added change to allow cw2dmk tools to function on newer Linux releases by enabling PCI I/O space access if disabled.
- Added change to recognize and skip factory-formatted sides of a disk. Controlled with -b option.
- The subdirectory “cwsdpmi” is now a git sub-module for picking up the “cwsdpmi.exe” binary for MS-DOS.
- Cleaned up and merged multiple makefiles for different environments into one. Makes it easier to maintain, build, and cross-build. By default, the Makefile will now only build for the native OS. See the new file BUILDING.md for further information.
- Created subdirectory “firmware” for holding firmware related files including a LICENSE file. I also received some additional documentation from Jens Schoenfeld on programming the MK3 and MK4 and a file with firmware revision history saved here as firmware/Changelog.
- To be less generic, renamed “testhist” binary to “cwtsthst”, still keeping to MS-DOS’s 8.3 file naming convention.
- Update code base to be 64-bit clean. Fixed all known problems but some may remain.
- Changed to using semantic versioning for version ID.
You can download from Github..