Kyle Wadsten of Plaid Vest Software (home of the NEWKEY/80) won this year’s game competition for Vipers in Love. Kyle describes the game:
You are Victor, a vicious viper in search of Violet, your sweetheart. She has gotten lost somewhere in the desert. Luckily, she has left a trail of keys you must gather in order to open tunnels in the sand that will lead you to her.
Eat eggs to stay alive while avoiding deadly cactus, scorpions, and sun-bleached bones.
- 100% assembly language for fast-action and high-speed graphics
- 4-way full screen scrolling
- Multiple levels, each with a unique theme
- Sound effects and music
- Runs on real or emulated hardware (trs80gp recommended)
- Multiple input options (wasd, arrows, number pad)
- 2020 TRS8BIT “The Double Do” competition entry