I don’t usually post site updates, I just make them. I know I should be keeping better tabs on it 🙁
Anyway, here are a bunch of site updates that have occurred over the past however long:
- The ROMS page has a breakdown of what changed from v1.2 to v1.3 of the Model I ROM.
- I continue to scour old magazines for ads for software which was advertised, and adding them as “MISSING” to the archive.
- Every result from the search page should have a screenshot (or a note that none was available, no printer output, etc)
- Since people, apparently, LOVED to remove author credits from these programs (or putting their own names on them), I am using those screenshots to determine whether “Author Unknown” programs are actually known.
- Every time someone emails me a hardware question (which I send to Ian Mavric, thanks Ian), I update the repairs page with their question and his answer.
- I keep adding boxes to help fine tune archive searches. This is mainly because the search page is how I find things too, so if I am trying to find all software without a screenshot, for example, I can do that.
- As people point out pages which do not render correctly (because they are pre-HTML5), I fix them.
- Added a /SYS guide for TRSDOS v1.3 on the DOS Tips and Tricks page.
- Caught up on all the unsorted images and put solid effort into figuring out if they were good files or bad files, or needed 3rd party software.
- Fixed the bug that was keeping the ads from coming up on the archive searches, at least for me. It seemed anything being served from a directory called /ads/, or had a filename called ad-xxxxx, got blocked!