August 15, 2019 – Site Updates

I don’t usually post site updates, I just make them. I know I should be keeping better tabs on it 🙁

Anyway, here are a bunch of site updates that have occurred over the past however long:

1)  The ROMS page has a breakdown of what changed from v1.2 to v1.3 of the Model I ROM.
2)  I continue to scour old magazines for ads for software which was advertised, and adding them as “MISSING” to the archive.
3)   Every result from the search page should have a screenshot (or a note that none was available, no printer output, etc)
4)  Since people, apparently, LOVED to remove author credits from these programs (or putting their own names on them), I am using those screenshots to determine whether “Author Unknown” programs are actually known.
5)  Every time someone emails me a hardware question (which I send to Ian Mavric, thanks Ian), I update the repairs page with their question and his answer.
6)  I keep adding boxes to help fine tune archive searches. This is mainly because the search page is how I find things too, so if I am trying to find all software without a screenshot, for example, I can do that.
7)  As people point out pages which do not render correctly (because they are pre-HTML5), I fix them.
8)  Added a /SYS guide for TRSDOS v1.3 on the DOS Tips and Tricks page.
9)  Caught up on all the unsorted images and put solid effort into figuring out if they were good files or bad files, or needed 3rd party software.
10)  Fixed the bug that was keeping the ads from coming up on the archive searches, at least for me. It seemed anything being served from a directory called /ads/, or had a filename called ad-xxxxx, got blocked!

Leave a Comment.